Friday, December 5, 2008

Let Me Down Gently

this is a song I wrote for my friend

Let me down Gently
(for Geoff)
1
A growing sensation
of total abandonment
destruction watches, approaching fast
find shelter quickly
Tomorrow's coming
Don't let it take you away

Chorus:
As tomorrow creeps, over the window sill
it finds me waiting
fighting to defend you
I won't let it take you away

2
Passing through time
flying through growth
bringing me down to earth
with a bump
back to reality
but I cannot lose you

3
Fighting through the wastelands
of my barren memory
looking for something to let me
back to reality
if you bring me down
bring me down gently

4
letting me down
my heart can't take it
I've watched you walk away,
straight into his arms
you couldn't even let me down gently

5
Are you searching for reason?
well I hope you find it
I couldn't have you
so I had to watch you
turn and walk away

6
Light creeps in slowly
through the old broken window
here come's tomorrow
but it's too late
you've already gone

No comments: